1. North Carolina is ranked 7th in apple production in the United States.

  2. According to the North Carolina Department of Agriculture, NC has 10,000 acres of apple orchards. The top 4 varieties grown in NC are: Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Rome Beauty & Gala.

  3. An apple a day keeps the doctor away - with the power of pectin as well as other important nutrients, apples are good for your cholesterol, teeth, stomach, skin and nerves.

  4. About 40% of NC’s apple crop is sold as fresh apples, the remaining 60% is used in processing for products such as applesauce and juice.

  5. Apple picking is a fun outing and a great way to get apples for your homemade pies, applesauce, and other apple treats. Find your local apple farm at the NC Farm Fresh website.
     

There’s nothing like walking into a room wafting with the smell of apple pie fresh out of the oven. Explore your local apple farms and enjoy the treat of the season!
 

Masha Halpern and her Team provide concierge level service to your clients relocating to the Chapel Hill, Durham, Raleigh and surrounding areas in North Carolina. Let us help your clients find their dream home and discover how special it is to live in the Triangle!